UNT Foundation Eminent Faculty Award
The UNT Foundation Eminent Faculty Award recognizes a faculty member, who has made outstanding and sustained contributions to scholarly-creative activity, teaching, and service and has served as an inspiration to the University of North Texas community. This award is one of the university’s highest faculty honors and is given to one full-time faculty member annually. The annual award includes a one-time payment of $15,000.00, a commemorative engraved gift, and the distinction of Eminent Faculty.
- Must have served the University for a minimum of ten (10) years.
- Must be a full-time tenured professor in good standing at the time of the nomination.
- Must be well-rounded, with outstanding accomplishments in scholarly-creative activity, teaching, and service, bringing honor and recognition to UNT.
- Must have contributed notably to the advancement and vitality of the university community.
Academic deans may nominate faculty members fulfilling the description and meeting the criteria listed above. Regents Professors, Distinguished Research Professors, and Distinguished Teaching Professors are eligible for this one-time award. Self-nominations will not be accepted. Nominators should inform nominees that they are being nominated and may solicit their assistance in preparing the nomination materials. The nomination dossier must be submitted as a single PDF document in the following order:
- Table of contents.
- Completed nomination form
- Two page personal narrative detailing the nominee’s research, teaching, and service accomplishments.
- Three supporting letters addressing the nominee’s contribution to his/her discipline, teaching effectiveness, and/or advancement of the university community through service and leadership. Supporting letters may be requested from colleagues outside the university, deans, department chairs, PAC committees, other university colleagues, and/or students.
- Copies/documentations of up to three works considered seminal.
- A list of courses and course evaluations taught in the last five years with enrollments for each course.
- Complete curriculum vita.
The academic dean or designee should send the completed nomination in a single PDF file to the Office of the Provost (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please indicate in the email subject line: Eminent Faculty Award. For questions, please contact Christy Crutsinger at 940.369.7911.
An award selection committee, appointed by the Provost and President, will represent the faculty at large, the Faculty Senate Executive Committee, and the UNT Foundation. The Vice Provost for Faculty Success will serve as the non-voting chair of the committee. The 2013-14 UNT Foundation Eminent Faculty Award will be presented at the Salute to Faculty Excellence awards dinner and ceremony in the fall.