UNT Foundation Community Engagement Award
The UNT Foundation Community Engagement Award recognizes UNT faculty whose careers are marked by sustained activities that systematically and effectively advance mutual university-community engagement, successfully address important community issues through collaborative initiatives, and create intellectual products respected by peers within and beyond the academy. UNT’s Community Engagement recipients are those individuals who have the sensitivity to understand and work across organizational cultures and boundaries; the leadership to build bridges among community institutions and to make university and community institutions intelligible to and supportive of each other; and the capacity to develop new and productive projects and relationships that embody the university’s central commitment to its community engagement mission. The annual award carries a one-time $5,000 payment and an engraved commemorative gift.
- Must have served the University of North Texas for a minimum of five (5) years.
- Must be a full-time tenure-track /tenured faculty member in good standing at the time of the nomination.
- Must demonstrate sustained exemplary community engagement and have a minimum of two distinct engagement initiatives with actively involved community partners that achieve multiple successful outcomes.
A faculty member who meets the above criteria may be nominated by any UNT faculty or university employee with in-depth knowledge of the accomplishments of the nominee. Self-nominations will not be accepted. Nominators should inform nominees that they are being nominated and may solicit their assistance in preparing the nomination materials. The nomination dossier must be submitted as a single PDF document in the following order:
- Table of contents
- A listing of and contact information on community partners, outcomes and impacts achieved, and intellectual products produced (i.e., research, creative works, teaching, service and/or professional practice).
- Two supporting letters from two community partners associated with different community engagement projects reporting the initiatives, community outcomes and impacts produced, and community perception of the nominee’s roles and effectiveness in achieving them.
- Complete curriculum vita.
The nominator should send the completed packet in a single PDF file to the Office Faculty Success (email@example.com). Please indicate in the email subject line: Community Engagement Award. For questions, please contact Christy Crutsinger at 940.369.7911.
An award selection committee, appointed by the Provost and President, will represent the faculty at large, the Faculty Senate Executive Committee, and the UNT Foundation. The Vice Provost for Faculty Success will serve as the non-voting chair of the committee. The 2014-15 UNT Foundation Community Engagement Award will be presented at the Salute to Faculty Excellence dinner and ceremony in the fall.