As finals week is quickly approaching, the Center for Learning Enhancement, Assessment, and Redesign (CLEAR) would like to provide faculty with a few tips on test settings within Blackboard Learn. The attached CLEAR Faculty Tip Sheet provides an overview of the Test Availability options available when adding a test to a course along with CLEAR's best recommendations for making wise selections.
Please take a few minutes to review this two-page tip sheet and pay special attention to the items preceded by the word Caution, since fully understanding these settings is especially important.
In addition to specific test instructions, it is recommended that faculty advise students to:
- Be mindful of the regular weekly maintenance schedule (11PM Saturdays -2AM Sundays) when planning to begin their exams.
- Avoid using a wireless connection for exams unless they are certain of its reliability. (CLEAR has had multiple reports of problems with connectivity on the Apogee network this semester.)
- Take their exams using a supported web browser on a computer or laptop rather than using an iPad. If using an iPad, CLEAR recommends the Chrome browser.
- Contact the UIT Helpdesk at 940-565-2324 for assistance should they encounter technical problems affecting their ability to access or complete a test. The UIT Helpdesk is open the following hours:
* Monday-Thursday 8am-midnight
* Friday 8am-8pm
* Saturday 9am-5pm
* Sunday 8am-midnight
If the UIT Helpdesk cannot resolve the problem, it will document the problem and provide a ticket number to the student. Once the student contacts their faculty with that ticket number, faculty can contact either the UIT Helpdesk or CLEAR’s Faculty Helpdesk for additional information.